In the household, the dangerous gas is mainly formaldehyde. This colourless, odourless gas is often considered to be the most dangerous substance in the interior, because it is irritating to the respiratory tract and eyes and is highly carcinogenic But the carbon filter can handle it too.

Symptoms at lower concentration: shortness of breath, headache, nausea, eye and respiratory tract irritation, mild mild cough, tearing, sneezing

Symptoms at higher concentration: corneal opacity and vision problems, respiratory problems, burns of mucous membranes and skin, damage to internal organs, pulmonary oedema, asthma symptoms